LMB^Box Comment Quicktags Plugin Updated

LMB^Box Comment Quicktags Plugin has been updated to version 2.1!

Now the plugin validates XHTML 1.0 Transitional and has my new “Plugin Version Notifier” feature. To find out more info, go the the LMB^Box Comment Quicktags Plugin page!

I will be releasing a new version of my LMB^Box Smileys Plugin soon, fixing any validation/other problems and adding my “Plugin Version Notifier” feature. After that, I’ll be once again working on my LMB^Box FilePress Plugin.

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

7 Comments

1. Posted October 24, 2005 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Thanks a lot. I’ll go ahead and check back periodically to see if you’ve made any progress towards a comment preview plugin. Not in any hurry for one and am pretty cautious when I load plugins. Again, thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

2. Posted October 24, 2005 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Ok David, I’m glad that everything has worked out and that you enjoy the plugins.

For the Comment Preview, I’m not using a plugin. The base theme that I’m using before I’ve made my modifications had it hard coded in. If you view this page’s source code (View -> Page Source), you will find javascript around my Comment Form Area and you will find a ‘div’ below the submit button for the Comment Form. These two items PLUS the ‘onkeyup’ javascript action call in the ‘textarea’ tag allows the Comment Preview to work.

Another note … I’m looking very shortly to redo my site/design as to fix many problems and install some new plugins. One of those plugins my just be a better Comment Preview plugin. I would suggest to find a plugin instead of using what I’m using. It would be much easier for you in the long run. Hope this helps … :D

3. Posted October 24, 2005 at 12:46 am | Permalink

It wasn’t anything with the code or on your end. It was just me not knowing what i’m doing yet. Everything is trial and error and then usually I get it figured out, but still very new blogging and am not very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.

I really do like the plugins though. Which comment preview plugin do you use?

4. Posted October 22, 2005 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Could you please let me know where you had the problem? I would really like to know for future reference. Thanks,
    Montie

5. Posted October 22, 2005 at 12:10 am | Permalink

I got it figured out. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it and like the plugins a lot. Thanks again!

6. Posted October 21, 2005 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

David, did you follow the readme.txt file’s directions? You should have copyed/uploaded the ‘lmbbox-smileys’ folder from the plugin archive into your ‘root/wp-content/plugins/’ folder. Then you should see the plugin in the plugin list. Also the latest version should be 3.1. I’m not sure what is going on, but please take a closer look and let me know. Hope this helps …

7. Posted October 21, 2005 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

I downloaded the LMB Box Smilies plugin and placed it in my WP Content/Plugins directory and it does not appear in the plugins page of my adminstrations pages. There is no place for me to activate the file. Can I get any help?