WP Smileys Update 1.6

I updated my WP Smileys plugin to 1.6 now. I changed the styles in my WP Comment Quicktags Plus plugin and so needed to correct the styles in WP Smileys. I also just realized that I had the styles just going into the style.css file in your theme directory, but if you want to style the admin write pages smileys button, you have to add a style to the wp-admin.css file in your wp-admin folder. Please let me know what you think and if you have any problems.

You may download the new plugin below:
wp-smileys-1.6.zip

New Update !
I just noticed that in my last update, I forgot to change the version # in the actual popup window for the smileys. So instead of making a new version release just for this, I just corrected the version # and updated the zip file with all the new files. Now everyone that downloaded wp-smileys-1.6.zip BEFORE May 6, 2005 at 8:45 needs to re-download the plugin again to get the correct files BUT you don’t have to if you don’t want to. You can manually change it by going into the wp-smileys-popup.php, go all the way to the end of the file, find line 214, and edit the line where it says the verison # and correct the # to be 1.6 instead of 1.5 and that’s it. Sorry about this, I just over looked in the last update.

New Update ! … AGAIN
This goes to BOK. Thanks for pointing out that version # change on line ~140. Well I just changed that line’s version # in the title of the page. Just redownload the plugin again.

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

10 Comments

1. Posted May 12, 2005 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

First of all Aidan, DON’T BE sorry at all! This blog is where I want feedback to be. That means that you ask me questions in the comments!

Now to your questions:
    My WP Smileys Plugin for wordpress, as you can see running on this blog, displays the wordpress default smileys, thunderbirds smileys, and EE’s smileys. Currently you can add your own custom smileys to the list by reading the directions on how to. Also you can choose which smileys to display from the list.

Now for want you want it to do:
    Display a set of smileys for the Admin write pages, and a set for the comment form. Currently my WP Smileys doesn’t support this feature, BUT I really like this idea of what you have and I’ll work on setting it up. It should be realitively easy to do SINCE the main part of the coding in already in place to choose which smileys to display. What I’ll do is add an option page for the WP Smileys Plugin which will allow you to configure what smileys you want to display for the Admin Write Pages and the Comment Form. Along with this, I would think it neat to add the ablity to add your custom smileys without having to modify the plugin’s code, so I’ll also look into adding this feature to the option page for WP Smileys as well.

I will get back to you soon, and of course I’ll keep updating info about everything on this blog. Thanks for your input!

2. Posted May 12, 2005 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I am currently looking for a plug in that will allow me to have smilies in wordpress. One that will slow more in my admin panel, but only a limited smaller amout in the comment field. Is that possible? Having them be Clickable is deffinitly what I want … I have used the Clickable Smilie Plug in, but it shows all of my smilies in the comment field.

Would this plug in be suitable for what I am wanting to do? If not could someone point me in the right direction by emailing me a submodalities@REMOVEgmail.com Thank You. (sorry for treating this like a forum…by asking questions like that)

3. Posted May 10, 2005 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Thanks BOK! I didn’t even remember the title. Sometimes there just isn’t enough time and things just seem to fly by … and guess what … you forget something Soooo stupid! Oh well, it’s taken care of now. Once again, just redownload the plugin file from above. :bye_tb: I’m very glad that you like the plugin, I know exactly what you mean about looking for one that was good. So I just put some stuff together from WP Grins to make my WP Smileys better! And of course all the new smileys!!! :cheese_ee::bigsurprise_ee::coolgrin_ee:

4. Posted May 9, 2005 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Don’t forget to edit line 140 too (title) :doh_tb:
    BTW very nice plugin! I was looking for this quiet some time!

5. Posted May 7, 2005 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

I really havn’t changed anything in WP Smileys. The only thing that I changed as is stated in the orginial post after the New Update ! part, is the version # that is listed at the top of the popup for the smileys was still 1.5 when it was 1.6. Just redownload WP Smileys from above and make sure that your redownload WP Comment Quicktags Plus from it’s updated post here.

Just download version 1.4 and open up the readme.txt file. Then find steps 3.1 and 3.2 and read them. It will tell all that you need to know. Also if you can look at the default wordpress theme’s comments.php file and you will see that actual code. Right now for some reason I can’t post any code in my posts or comments here so this is where you need to look. If you still have problems, let me know.

Thanks for your interest and support, it is wonderful.:tongue_tb::rasberry_ee::wink_ee:

6. Posted May 7, 2005 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

I am using opera 8.0

1. The smilies on your site are working now, what changes did you make.

2. yes the code that you mentioned to be added before the was not inserted. :lol_ee:

3. could you post here the exact line that has to be added there, I shall copy paste and then try it out again.. hey thanks for all the help btw… good luck and godbless.

7. Posted May 6, 2005 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

What browser are you using? IE, FireFox, Mozilla, etc. I believe that the Safari browser doesn’t display the quicktags toolbar well at all and is disabled if that is the browser type. Now I’ve gone to your site, as for the WP Comment Quicktags Plus Plugin / quicktags toolbar not working, make sure that in the comments.php file in your theme’s folder, that at the bottom, just before the /form> line, there is a php call to do_action(‘comment_form’, $post->ID). If this is not there the quicktags toolbar is not having a variable in js. Please take a look at this page’s source code and you’ll see a script right after the closing div for the comment_form. Then look at your page’s source and you won’t see it. That means that the php line above isn’t being called in your comments.php theme file. Please check this out and get back to me.

8. Posted May 6, 2005 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Well I am not able to use the smilies on your comment box either, but for me even the quicktag is not visible…. and clicking on any of the other items in the quick tag has no effect at all…..

9. Posted May 6, 2005 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Do have you WP Comment Quicktags Plus Plugin that I also made installed and active? By default, WP Smileys needs WP Comment Quicktags Plus Plugin to add to the comment quicktag toolbar. Or are you using the alternative method by manually putting a link to the Smileys in your comments.php theme file? I will look into this more but please let me know how you settup WP Smileys, Thanks.

PS: Also, can I have your site that your using WP on so that I can see what’s happening?

10. Posted May 5, 2005 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Hello there,

I am using your plugin but alas when I try to use it, an error ‘no input file selected’ is shown ..

One Trackback

1. [...] Smileys Update 1.7 *New Features* Everyone thank Aidan who made a comment here with some great ideas. Well here they are Aidan, ruffly &#823 [...]